Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Simple things.

I didn't pick up my camera today.

I wish I would have.

There were so many simple things that I enjoyed.

This morning I met a goal I've been working towards.

This afternoon I found inspiration when I needed it most.

This evening I lit the charcoals on our grill and fixed a delicious dinner.

Jerome is the one who always does the grilling....he is a great cook on the grill. I knew I would miss him being here when I lit the grill, but I decided we have a long summer ahead and there is nothing better than the taste of homemade food from the grill.

A strong storm hit just after I lit the coals in the grill. I opened the windows and let the fresh air in our home. When the rain stopped I went outside to put our dinner on the grill and the smell of the fresh spring air after a good rainstorm was wonderful.

I enjoyed watching the kids nibble away at their fresh ears of corn at the dinner table.

This evening after dinner was all cleaned up, I enjoyed watching Natalie and Katie playing with their bicycles and jump rope as I sat on the porch and read another chapter in my book (God Strong, a book about finding the strength to make it through a deployment).

Tonight I rocked Katie on the front porch as she cried. One of her friends she has gone to school with since kindergarten is changing schools and she was upset. I told her about how one of my childhood friends I had when I was her age moved away too. And how I always enjoyed going over to her house to play in her treehouse. I told her that that is just something that happens in life sometimes. Then a song came to my mind but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. It is an older song, one about a little girl watching her friend waving from the backseat as they move away, then her mother telling her that that is just a part of life. I wish I could remember the name of that song.

Tonight I was happy that I was able to get the girls in bed almost on time (we are still working on that one).

Tonight I felt blessed when I gave the girls a goodnight kiss on their heads, their hair still wet from their shower, and sound asleep in bed.

Tonight I was happy to see Spencer cleaning his room, on his own without being asked. He is bored I am guessing. I took him to the doctor today and he is sick and won't be back in school until Friday. He made me laugh because he was happy as I told him he could stay up and watch a little TV but to keep his door closed so he didn't wake his sisters.

Tonight I am happy to hear the quiet through the house as they all sleep and I have a minute or two to my own.

Tonight I am also happy to be able to climb into bed before midnight.

Tonight I wish I could have been able to talk to my husband today. But I can go to bed knowing that he is still here in this country and know that I can close my eyes and go to sleep knowing he is safe from harm.

These are the simple things in life I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...