Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our 4th of July


Bomb Pop 01 Blog

We had a wonderful fourth of July this year.
Some of my family and friends were still staying here with us due to the storm that went through here the week before.

The rest of my family came out for a cookout.

All of the kids swam in the pool.

The burgers tasted great.

And thanks to a little pep talk from my sister earlier that morning, I made this 4th of July as memorable as I could, even without Jerome here. (Thank you Jolena)

 What better way to eat popsicles and beat the heat.....swimming in the pool!

Bomb Pop 02 Blog
Bomb Pop 04 Blog
Blog 02
Bomb Pop 07 57

Earlier that day Spencer bought some firecrackers with his birthday money.

He set them off while we waited for the REAL fireworks to begin.

Blog 01

Standing barefoot in our front yard, watching the fireworks,listening to our kids run through the water sprinkler....it just didn't feel the same without him standing there beside me with his arm around me.

I decided to send him "a little home" and recorded the fireworks for him to watch over there. I made a video and I know I will always remember this 4th of July just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...