Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Much needed rest....

I knew it was only a matter of time until the last week caught up with them too.

I told all three of them this morning, before they left for the bus, that their chore for when they returned home from school was to really clean their room.

I've been needing to finish going through their clothes and shoes to pull out everything that no longer fits them anymore.

We haven't done real school shopping yet, especially seeing that it is just August and they can still wear shorts to school.

I have been cleaning our house all day long.

 My day of rest yesterday really helped.

Asleep 01 46


Asleep 02 46

As they all three came walking in this evening from school......they looked exhausted.

Extremely.

Completely.

Exhausted.

They washed their hands and told me about their day, then fixed a snack to eat.

As they were eating I told them I was going to give them a "chore pass" today.

No cleaning their rooms. Just homework and resting.

I told them we'd have pizza for dinner and maybe watch a movie and relax.

You would have thought it was Christmas in the house.

Ten minutes later......they were all three sound asleep.

Asleep 03 46


Asleep 04 46

I knew the week we had last week would catch up to them eventually.

They still have homework to finish, but for now they are catching up on some MUCH needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...