Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Thousand Gifts


I have been reading this book at night before bed, on nights when I can go to bed and not fall fast asleep from exhaustion. I'm on chapter four now and it is amazing how it is making me see the world differently. A thankful heart can make you see things you never stopped to notice in your day to day lives. Starting today, there will be a list I'll be working on. A list of one thousand gifts that I am thankful for each and every day.

1. warm cinnamon toast baking in the oven
2. our beautiful children asleep in their beds
3. coffee brewing waking us all up
4. the sound of the school bus coming down our road
5. a hug and kiss from my husband before he leaves for work
6. leaves, colorful leaves falling from the trees all around us
7. the sound of rain
8. sitting together as a family for dinner
9. my husband pulling the covers up on me when I've fallen back asleep because I've been
up all night with a sick child, him kissing my cheek
10. doctors and medicine to make my baby feel better soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...