Monday, June 25, 2012

Staying busy.

I can't believe July is almost here.

It is just right around the corner.

I've kept myself pretty busy this past month, my schedule has been a little crazy lately.

I'm running on four hours of sleep now and the exhaustion is finally starting to set in.

Along with diving head first back into photography I have decided to take on projects here at home to keep myself even more busy.

This morning I woke up very early and decided it was time to make that "To Do" list and get started on it.

I spent over three hours going through stuff in storage and taking a truckload to Goodwill. I then organized storage and headed home for some lunch.

I went with my friend and neighbor April to pick out some trees and shrubs for the yard (they were SUCH A DEAL!).

I picked out 3 Cleveland pear trees, 4 apple trees, 1 peach tree, 2 red maple trees and 4 holly bushes.....all for less than $158.00.

I then spent the evening in the yard moving trees from one spot to the next trying to find the perfect place for them. I called to get our utilities marked and I am hoping the spots I have picked out will work....we'll see.

I played fetch with Molly in the yard and then sat on the front porch listening to the summer wind blow through the trees.

Then it hit me, I realized how tired I was and how lonely I was.....even with all this keeping myself busy to distract from focusing on the time that we are apart.

I miss him.

I can't wait until next summer when we can sit on the porch together, maybe drinking some ice tea after a hot day and talk about our day.

I miss having him to talk to.

I miss my best friend.

Then I made myself snap out of it and decided to throw myself into something else to keep busy. Start laundry? Clean house? Read a book? Watch a movie? Nothing sounded like anything I wanted to do so I took a shower and put my pajamas on.

The house is quiet, to quiet.

The kids are all away enjoying time with friends....and the house is unbelievably quiet.

I wish I could talk to him.

I miss talking to him, things have been crazy for him over there the past few days and we haven't been able to talk very much at all.

A few of our last Skype conversations have been just long enough for him to tell me goodnight and that he loves me.

I know I'm reaching that halfway point.

I know I need to see the bright side that we are almost half way there.

But six more months?

It will be at least six more months until he is home.

I don't know when exactly but I know we still have a long way to go.

It might be halfway.....but it still feels like forever left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...