Sunday, June 24, 2012

Military Camp.

Spencer left early yesterday morning to go to a military camp through his JROTC for the week.

It is the first overnight, week long, summer camp he has ever been to.

I think he was a little nervous.

And excited too.




Military Camp Blog

He used his dad's sea bag to pack with for the week.

It was pretty heavy when he put it on his back.

He was surprised to read on the packing list, "Bring two pairs of tennishoes because you may wear one pair out."

I know they will keep him busy, rock wall climbing, swimming, rappelling, and lots of other fun things.

The best part?

NO ELECTRONICS!

He will have a whole week of no video games, TV and cell phone.

His girlfriend is a little bummed about the "no phone" rule.

But I'm thrilled to know he will be doing things all week besides having his nose in front of an electronic device.

I'm thankful my mother-in-law came to pick him up for me yesterday morning. I had work scheduled and was struggling trying to figure out how to get him to camp.

His Grandma took a picture of the bus pulling away and on their way to camp.



And in the middle of the week I received a letter from him he had written at camp.
He was telling me how much fun he was having.


We go to pick him up at the end of the week and get to see his graduation ceremony.

 We have it planned just right with Jerome so that he can call on Skype and see it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...