She helped me make some peach lemon jam.
It was my first time canning anything, hers too.
The jam was delicious and we both loved making it. We are planning on making some more jam soon, maybe some to give for Christmas.
Earlier this summer I went to the farmer's market and bought A LOT of blackberries.
Jerome LOVES blackberries.
I brought them home, washed them all and put them in the refrigerator. I had planned to make blackberry jam.....but Jerome ate half the blackberries.
I froze the rest of the blackberries so that I could make blackberry jam.
I think Natalie and I will be making some blackberry jam soon.
59. cooking in the kitchen with Natalie
60. learning to step back to let her learn how to work in the kitchen
61. watching her cut the peaches with a knife
62. the peach lemon jam filling the kitchen with a wonderful smell
63. pouring jam into canning jars
64. looking at the jars of jam with Natalie and smiling because we were able to can
65. the sound of the lids popping letting us know the jam was sealed
66. sharing a piece of toast with Natalie, piled high with our fresh jam
67. listening to her tell me all the different kinds of jam we could make