Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Christmas Chalkboard.

Blog 03


Vintage Christmas 04 46


Vintage Christmas 03 46


Sunday we went to the farmer's market from our hometown.

We looked at all the Christmas trees but ended up going home with a sprig of mistletoe and some fresh pine garland.

Jerome hung the mistletoe for me and the kids laugh when we stand under it because we always kiss. Unfortunately it being a fresh mistletoe and our house being warm and cozy, it is already wilting away. I still love having it there anyway.

I knew when I painted the chalkboard on the wall that I wanted to do something like this at Christmas. I had planned to put the "Twas the night before Christmas" story on there but I chose this scripture instead.

Each year we go over this scripture with our kids, they have all almost memorized it.

Blog 01


I love how the fresh pine makes our home smell like Christmas. I just hope the pine garland will last until Christmas!

68. hearing our girls read the chalkboard as they sit and eat their bowl of cereal in the morning
69. the wonderful smell of Christmas in our home
70. the way Christmas feels
71. listening to Christmas music
72. sipping a cup of coffee my husband made for me just right
73. kissing under the mistletoe
74. having Jerome home for Christmas this year
75. planning with our kids to send a Christmas package to someone deployed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...